Tushar Deshpande is an exciting young fast bowler who has rapidly made a name for himself on the Indian domestic circuit. With his unorthodox action and ability to take key wickets, he is now aiming to make his mark internationally.
Early Life and Background
Born on May 15, 1995 in Mumbai, Tushar was encouraged in cricket by parents Uday and Vandana. He honed his skills at the Shivaji Park Gymkhana academy that has produced legends like Tendulkar and Gavaskar. Tushar represented Mumbai at the under-14, under-16 and under-19 levels before his senior team debut.
Tushar made his impressive first-class debut for Mumbai in the 2016-17 Ranji Trophy, taking 21 wickets in just 4 matches. He was named one of the top players to watch ahead of the 2018-19 Ranji Trophy and took his first List A five-wicket haul for Mumbai in 2018.
The right-arm medium pacer cemented himself as a domestic circuit star, playing a key role in Mumbai’s Vijay Hazare Trophy win in 2019. His unorthodox slower deliveries and timely wickets make him a dangerous bowler.
Tushar impressed in his IPL debut for Delhi Capitals in 2019, taking 5 wickets in 2 matches. He dismissed the likes of Stokes with his deceptive slower balls. Tushar’s performances excited selectors and earned him a spot in the India Blue squad for the 2020 Deodhar Trophy.
Playing Style and Strengths
With his ability to vary his pace and bowl yorkers at will, Tushar keeps batsmen guessing. His mental resilience is also noteworthy – after recovering from injury in 2017, he came back stronger. Tushar enjoys the full support of his parents and remains committed to achieving cricketing success.
Already a consistent wicket-taker on the domestic scene, Tushar Deshpande has enormous potential. If he can translate his skills to the international stage, this crafty medium pacer from Mumbai could become a vital asset in India’s bowling attack. With age on his side, Tushar’s cricket future looks bright.
Some key highlights of Tushar’s blossoming career so far include:
- Representing Mumbai at the under-14, under-16 and under-19 levels before progressing to senior cricket
- Taking 21 wickets in just 8 matches across his career so far
- Making an impressive first-class debut for Mumbai in the 2016-17 Ranji Trophy
- Being named one of the top 8 players to watch ahead of the 2018-19 Ranji Trophy
- Taking his first five-wicket haul in List A cricket in 2018 while playing for Mumbai
- Earning selection to the India Blue squad for the 2020 Deodhar Trophy
- Signing with the Delhi Capitals ahead of the 2020 IPL auction for an impressive ₹20 lakh
- Impressing in his IPL debut and taking key wickets against Rajasthan Royals and other sides
With his unorthodox action, accuracy and ability to strike in crucial moments, Tushar Deshpande is undoubtedly an exciting talent to watch for Indian cricket fans. If he continues his development, he could become a fixture in India’s pace bowling attack for years to come.